17/07/2019 02:39 PM |
What is Unclaimed Money*?
Unclaimed money is money submitted by banks to AMBD which have had no activity (deposit and withdrawal) for at least 6 years. However, only money amounting to at least BND100 is submitted.
Owners of the money may claim their money from AMBD by writing and providing documents as proof of ownership.**
*according to Part IX (Section 69 to 92) under the Banking Order, 2006 and Islamic Banking Order, 2008.
** Please refer to List of documents required.
Steps to follow to claim Unclaimed Money
Should your name be listed in the List of Unclaimed Money (by banks), kindly follow these steps:
1) Check with your bank;
2) Obtain a Letter of Certification from your bank (if necessary);
3) Prepare all documents;
4) Download, print and fill in related forms; and
5) Submit documents to AMBD to make your claim at Level 7, Ministry of Finance Building, Commonwealth Drive or via e-mail to
List of documents required
All applicants are required to fill in these forms:
1. AMBD Unclaimed Money Form (Borang Tuntutan Bagi Baki Wang Yang Tidak Dituntut) - Downloadhere
2. Government's Vendor Form - Downloadhere
For Joint Account owners / Bagi akaun milik bersama
1. Letter to transfer Unclaimed Money to one of its owners only
Surat Kebenaran Bagi Memindahkan Wang Yang Dituntut Kepada Salah Seorang Pemilik Akaun
Download Malay versionhereDownload English versionhere
Download Malay versionhere
Download English versionhere
List of Unclaimed Money
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved