AMBD ALERT LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) would like to inform members of the public that the AMBD Alert List has been updated.
2. The AMBD Alert List is a list of individuals, companies and websites which are neither authorised nor approved under the relevant laws and regulations administered by AMBD or whose activities raise a suspicion of illegal financial activity. This list is without prejudice to any further assessment by AMBD regarding the activities of the companies concerned.
3. AMBD would also like to inform the public that the individuals, companies or entities listed below have been included in the Alert List for the month of May 2021, as follows:
4. To access the Alert List, members of the public may visit the AMBD website at www.ambd.gov.bn. A list of persons or institutions licensed by AMBD may be obtained through the same website.
5. Further, it has come to the AMBD's attention that there are several Facebook pages that are used as platforms to advertise and offer unlicensed/ unregulated financial activities (meaning the provision of financial products and related services), including the Facebook page "Via Tempat Minjam Duit Tahan Item/ATM".
6. In this regard, AMBD would like to urge the public to only deal with financial institutions licensed by AMBD, and to avoid against dealing with unlicensed financial service providers or third party entities that offer assistance to obtain financial products or related services on any social media platforms. Members of the public who involve themselves with unlicensed or unregulated persons and/or financial institutions will not have the protection afforded under the regulatory framework administered by AMBD.
7. AMBD remains committed to the financial stability of Brunei Darussalam and to safeguarding Brunei Darussalam's financial system and the interests of financial consumers. AMBD will also continue to actively monitor any suspicious or unlicensed financial activities in Brunei Darussalam. If the public have any information on unlicensed financial activities, please contact AMBD at 2380007 or email us at email@example.com.
Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
Date: 5 Zulkaedah 1442H / 16 June 2021M
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
Copyright © Brunei Darussalam Central Bank
All Rights Reserved