17TH ASEAN CENTRAL BANK GOVERNORS' MEETING
AND RELATED MEETINGS, (VIRTUAL)
Monday, 29 March 2021to Tuesday, 30 March 2021
ASEAN Central Bank Governors and Financial Institutions CEOs Dialogue
1. On Monday, 29 March 2021 Yang Mulia Dayang Hajah Rokiah binti Haji Badar, Managing Director of Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) chaired the ASEAN Central Bank Governors and Financial Institutions Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) Dialogue that marks the start of the ASEAN Central Bank Governors Meeting under Brunei Darussalam's Chairmanship. The Dialogue served as an avenue for ASEAN Central Bank Governors and ASEAN Financial Institutions CEOs to exchange views on possible pathways and approaches for both the policymakers and industry players to collaborate in advancing the ASEAN Financial Integration agenda including adapting to the changes brought by the digital age and the move towards building a more sustainable planet and economy.
2. The meeting was attended by ASEAN Central Bank Governors, their representatives and representatives from banks associations from ASEAN Member Countries. Also in attendance at the Dialogue were Mr. Ti Eng Hui, Chairman of the Brunei Association of Banks (BAB) and Datuk Abdul Farid Alias, Chairman of the ASEAN Bankers Association (ABA).
17th ASEAN Central Bank Governors' Meeting
3. The 17th ASEAN Central Bank Governors' Meeting (ACGM) convened virtually on Tuesday, 30 March 2021, and was also chaired by Yang Mulia Dayang Hajah Rokiah binti Haji Badar.
4. The meeting discussed and endorsed the progress report of financial integration initiatives under the purview of the ASEAN Senior Level Committee on Financial Integration and key takeaways from the ASEAN Financial Institution CEOs and Central Bank Governors Dialogue.
5. The meeting was attended by ASEAN Central Bank Governors, their representatives and members of the ASEAN Secretariat. Brunei Darussalam was represented by Yang Mulia Dayang Hajah Noorrafidah binti Sulaiman, Deputy Managing Director (Monetary Operations/Development and International) of AMBD.
7th ASEAN Finance Ministers' and Central Bank Governors' Meeting and Special Session between ASEAN Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors with Heads of International Financial Institutions
6. The 7th ASEAN Finance Ministers' and Central Bank Governors' Meeting (AFMGM) and Special Session between ASEAN Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors with Heads of International Financial Institutions were also held on the same day, co-chaired by Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Setia Dr. Awang Haji Mohd Amin Liew bin Abdullah, Minister at the Prime Minister's Office and Minister of Finance and Economy II and Yang Mulia Dayang Hajah Rokiah binti Haji Badar.
7. The 7th AFMGM discussed the progress and development of various working groups under the Roadmap for Monetary and Financial Integration of ASEAN (RIA-Fin) and the progress of the ASEAN Sustainable Finance Cooperation.
8. The Special Session exchanged views with the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB); Asian Development Bank (ADB); the International Monetary Fund (IMF); the World Bank and ASEAN+3 Macroeconomic Research Office (AMRO) on regional and global outlooks as well as, efforts towards inclusive, digitally enabled and sustainable recovery.
9. The Joint Statement of the 7th AFMGM, which was adopted by Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors can be downloaded from the ASEAN Secretariat website.
Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
Date: 18 Syaaban 1442 / 1 April 2021
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved