BRUNEI DARUSSALAM'S RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY PRICE INDEX (RPPI)
FOR QUARTER 3 2020 (Q3 2020)
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) today published Brunei Darussalam's Residential Property Price Index (RPPI) for the third quarter of 2020 (Q3 2020). The index is compiled using data sourced from the banks in Brunei Darussalam, and is published with close cooperation from the Ministry of Development, in particular the Authority for Building Control and Construction Industry (ABCi).
2. In Q3 2020, the RPPI was at 91.7, showing a decrease of 3.9% year-on-year compared to Q3 2019, and an increase of 8.4% quarter-on-quarter compared to Q2 2020.
3. Based on the mortgage data obtained from the banks, there were 182 transactions for residential properties in Q3 2020, compared to 115 transactions in Q2 2020. The majority of these transactions were for detached house (53.9%); followed by semi-detached houses (19.2%); terrace houses (17.0%); apartments (6.0%); and land (3.9%).
4. The median purchase price for all types of residential properties was BND240,000 in Q3 2020, lower by 7.7% compared to Q3 2019 and higher by 0.8% compared to Q2 2020. The median purchase prices for specific types of properties were BND266,500 for detached houses; BND248,000 for semi-detached houses; BND208,800 for terrace houses; BND215,000 for apartments; and BND152,000 for land.
5. The published statistics and index should be treated as general information only and one should not rely solely on these data to draw specific conclusions on a particular residential property as property values vary with location, land size, floor area and so on.
6. For more information on RPPI, members of the public may refer to the technical notes on the methodology, as well as updated statistics from on the AMBD website at www.ambd.gov.bn. Updates on the RPPI will also be available via AMBD's Instagram account @autoriti_monetari. Autoriti Monetari Brunei DarussalamTarikh: 14 Jamadilawal 1442H/ 29 Disember 2020M Rujukan: AMBD/COMMS/3
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
Download: RPPI Technical Notes here
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved