BRUNEI DARUSSALAM'S RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY PRICE INDEX (RPPI)
FOR QUARTER 2 2020 (Q2 2020)
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) today published Brunei Darussalam's Residential Property Price Index (RPPI) for the second quarter of 2020. The index is compiled using data sourced from the banks in Brunei Darussalam, and is published with close cooperation from the Ministry of Development, in particular the Authority for Building Control and Construction Industry (ABCi).
2. In Q2 2020, the RPPI was at 84.6, recording a decrease of 5.2% year-on-year compared to Q2 2019 and a decrease of 7.1% quarter-on-quarter compared to Q1 2020.
3. Based on the mortgage data obtained from the banks, there were 115 transactions for residential properties in Q2 2020 compared to 76 transactions in Q1 2020. The majority of these transactions were for detached houses (43.5%); followed by semi-detached houses (26.1%); terrace houses (16.5%); apartments (10.4%); and land (3.5%).
4. The median purchase price for all types of residential properties was BND238,000 in Q2 2020, showing a decrease of 8.5% compared to Q2 2019, and a decrease of 4.4% compared to Q1 2020. The median purchase prices for specific types of properties were BND247,500 for detached houses; BND272,000 for semi-detached houses; BND165,000 for terrace houses; BND234,000 for apartments; and BND80,200 for lands.
5. The published statistics and index should be treated as general information only and one should not rely solely upon these data to draw specific conclusions on a particular residential property as property values vary with location, land size, floor area and so on.
6. For more information on RPPI, members of the public may refer to the technical notes on the methodology, as well as updated statistics from AMBD's website at www.ambd.gov.bn. Updates on RPPI will also be available via AMBD's Instagram account @autoriti_monetari.
Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
Date: 21 Safar 1442 / 9 October 2020
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
Download RPPI Technical Notes here
Copyright © Brunei Darussalam Central Bank
All Rights Reserved