DAY 2 OF THE 4th FINANCIAL FUN FAIR
IN CONJUNCTION WITH NATIONAL SAVINGS DAY 2019
JERUDONG PARK COLONNADE
SUNDAY, 17 ZULHIJJAH 1440 CORRESPONDING TO 18 AUGUST 2019
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD), in collaboration with Tabung Amanah Perkerja (TAP), Ministry of Finance and Economy (MOFE), Junior Achievement (JA) Brunei, as well as other participating financial institutions, held the second day of the 4th Financial Fun Fair at the Jerudong Park Colonnade on Sunday, 17 Zulhijjah 1440 corresponding to 18 August 2019.
2. The event carried the theme "Fusion of Green and Technology" which aims to highlight the importance of being eco-friendly, and that the use of technology can assist in implementing this act when making daily financial transactions and decisions.
3. A number of financial-related activities were run during the event with the aim of increasing the public's financial literacy. This included the Financial Race, where participants' fitness and financial literacy was tested, as they race through the Jerudong Park Playground, whilst deciphering clues and answering financial-related questions for a chance to win the challenge. The event also saw the prize presentation ceremony for the Financial Race, as well as other events ran in conjunction with National Savings Day 2019, including the QR Code Competition and Financial Bootcamp.
4. In first place for the Financial Race was Team Chill2 with team members Ming Rui Chong and Sin Yi Lim. As for the QR Code Competition, the competition was won by Nafri Manaf, with his QR Code design being used to access the clues during the Financial Race. The Financial Bootcamp, which is a 3-day programme for students from local universities and higher education institutions to develop creative ideas on the innovation of financial products, was won by Team GGC with team members Muhammad Syazwan bin Sarifudin, Ahmad Hamizan bin Hj Shahri, and Awang Muhammad Afiq Rafieuddin bin Hj Burhanuddin.
5. The event also saw performances by the Royal Brunei Police Force (RBPF) and the Royal Brunei Armed Force (RBAF).
6. AMBD would like to take this opportunity to extend its appreciation to all the stakeholders involved as well as participants of the competitions, including members of the public, for their participation in the National Savings Day 2019 and the associated events.
Autoriti Monetari Brunei DarussalamDate: 17 Zulhijjah 1440 / 18 August 2019Ref: AMBD/COMMS/3
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved