THANKSGIVING PRAYER IN CONJUNCTION WITH
HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCE HAJI AL-MUHTADEE BILLAH
IBNI HIS MAJESTY SULTAN HAJI HASSANAL BOLKIAH MU'IZZADDIN WADDAULAH'S
45th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
Masjid Rashidah Sa'datul Bolkiah, Kg Sungai Akar
Tuesday, 14 Jamadilakhir 1440 corresponding to 19 February 2019
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) held a Thanksgiving Prayer at the Rashidah Sa'datul Bolkiah Mosque, Kampung Sungai Akar to mark the 45th Birthday Celebration of His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah ibni His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah, Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office and Chairman of AMBD, today, 14 Jamadilakhir 1440 corresponding to 19 February 2019.
2. Present at the ceremony were Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Seri Kerna Dato Seri Setia (Dr.) Haji Awang Abu Bakar bin Haji Apong, Minister of Home Affairs, in his capacity as the Deputy Chairman of AMBD, and other members of the AMBD Board of Directors as well as AMBD officers and staff.
3. The ceremony began with Asar prayers, followed by the recital of Surah Yassin and a thanksgiving prayer led by Yang Mulia Haji Muhd Sadullah bin Haji Salleh, Imam of Rashidah Sa'datul Bolkiah Mosque.4. His Royal Highness is a visionary leader who is highly dedicated in ensuring that the financial and monetary stability of the country is preserved. Through His Royal Highness's leadership, AMBD has continued to develop financial regulations and prudential standards and to implement a supervisory framework that is in line with international best practices, in order to ensure that the financial institutions in the country remain safe and stable.
5. AMBD also plays a key role in the development of a dynamic and diversified financial sector. In 2016, His Royal Highness has advocated for a more strategic and focused financial sector development plan through the publication of the Brunei Darussalam Financial Sector Blueprint 2016-2025 which supports the achievement of the country's economic aspirations under Wawasan Brunei 2035.
6. By virtue of His Royal Highness's leadership and guidance, some of AMBD's initiatives has received international recognition. Brunei Darussalam was ranked first out of 190 economies in the Getting Credit indicator in the World Bank Group's Doing Business 2019 Report and maintained its rank in the 9th place out of 131 countries in the ICD – Thomson Reuters Islamic Finance Development Report 2018.
Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
Date : 14 Jamadilakhir 1440 /19 February 2019
Reference : AMBD/COMMS/3
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved