BRUNEI DARUSSALAM'S RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY PRICE INDEX (RPPI)
FOR QUARTER 3, 2019 (Q3 2019)
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD) today published Brunei Darussalam's Residential Property Price Index (RPPI) for the third quarter of 2019. The index is compiled using data sourced from banks in Brunei Darussalam, and is published with close cooperation from the Ministry of Development, in particular the Authority for Building Control and Construction Industry (ABCi). 2. In Q3 2019, the RPPI was at 95.4, an increase of 11.6% year-on-year compared to Q3 2018 and an increase of 6.9% quarter-on-quarter compared to Q2 2019.
3. Based on mortgage data obtained from banks, there were 108 transactions for residential properties in Q3 2019. The majority of these transactions were for detached houses (54.63%), followed by terrace houses (18.52%), semi-detached houses (17.59%), apartments (8.33%) and land (0.93%).
4. The median purchase price for all residential properties was BND260,000 in Q3 2019. The median purchase prices for specific types of properties were BND288,000 for detached houses, BND290,000 for semi-detached houses, BND205,000 for terrace houses, BND190,000 for apartments and BND85,000 for land. The overall median purchase price of residential properties in Q3 2019 was higher by 4.0% compared to Q3 2018 and remained unchanged compared to Q2 2019.
5. The published statistics and index should be treated as general information only and one should not rely solely upon these data to draw specific conclusions on a particular residential property as property values vary with location, land size, floor area and so on.
6. For more information on RPPI, members of the public may refer to the technical notes on the methodology and statistics which can be obtained from the AMBD website at www.ambd.gov.bn and follow updates on RPPI through AMBD's Instagram account @autoriti_monetari.Autoriti Monetari Brunei DarussalamDate: 27 Rabiulakhir 1441 / 24 December 2019Ref: AMBD/COMMS/3Download Malay version AMBD Siaran Akhbar - RPPI Q3 2019
Download English version AMBD Press Release - RPPI Q3 2019
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved