THANKSGIVING PRAYER CEREMONY IN CONJUNCTION WITH
THE 8TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE ESTABLISHMENT OF
AUTORITI MONETARI BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
Monday, 2 Jamadilawal 1440 corresponding to 8 January 2019
1. Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (AMBD), held a Thanksgiving Prayer Ceremony in conjunction with the 8th year anniversary of the establishment of AMBD today, 2 Jamadilawal 1440 corresponding to 8th January 2019 in Masjid Hassanal Bolkiah, Kampung Perpindahan Mentiri.
2. Present during this ceremony was Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Seri Kerna Dato Seri Setia (Dr.) Haji Awang Abu Bakar bin Haji Apong, Minister of Home Affairs as Deputy Chairman of AMBD's Board of Directors; Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Setia Haji Awang Abdul Mokti bin Haji Mohd Daud, Minister at The Prime Minister's Office; Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Setia Dr Awang Haji Mohd Amin Liew Abdullah, Minister at The Prime Minister's Office and Minister of Finance and Economy II; Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Setia Awang Haji Hamzah bin Haji Sulaiman, Minister of Education; and other members of the AMBD Board of Directors, as well as AMBD staff and officers.
3. The ceremony began with the recitation of Surah Yassin followed by Doa Kesyukuran, led by YM Awang Haji Shamsul bin Haji Latif, Imam of the Masjid Hassanal Bolkiah, Kg Perpindahan Mentiri.
4. AMBD was established on 1st January 2011, to act as the central bank of Brunei Darussalam. The main objectives of AMBD are to achieve and maintain domestic price stability; to ensure the stability of the financial system; to assist in the establishment and functioning of efficient payment systems and to oversee them; and to foster and develop a sound and progressive financial services sector. In order to carry out these objectives, AMBD was mandated with three core functions, which is the formulation and implementation of monetary policies, the regulation and supervision of financial institutions, and currency issuance and management.
5. Through the years, AMBD's functions are expanded to meet market demands with the establishment of Credit Bureau and Financial Consumer Issue Unit.
6. Towards achieving Brunei Darussalam's Wawasan 2035, AMBD are actively producing experts in the fields of Islamic finance, finance and economy, amongst its employees. AMBD is constantly working with Institute of higher education in Brunei Darussalam to provide comprehensive training to students through its internship program. CIBFM in collaboration with AMBD are consistently organising trainings for relevant stakeholder as well as the public.
Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
Date : 2 Jamadilawal 1440 / 8 January 2019
Reference : AMBD/COMMS/3
Download Malay version here
Download english version here
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved