MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN
FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE UNIT, AUTORITI MONETARI BRUNEI DARUSSALAM AND
CAMBODIA FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE UNIT, NATIONAL BANK OF CAMBODIA
1. The Financial Intelligence Unit, Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam (FIU, AMBD) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Cambodia Financial Intelligence Unit, National Bank of Cambodia (CAFIU) in Bandar Seri Begawan on 27 September 2017.
2. Under the MOU, both agencies agree to cooperate in the exchange of financial intelligence that may assist in the investigation and prosecution of persons suspected of money laundering and terrorism financing. This marks the strong commitment of both agencies in the global fight against money laundering and terrorism financing.
3. The MOU with CAFIU is the fifth MOU signed by the FIU, AMBD. Current MOUs include those signed with the Financial Intelligence Units of Malaysia, Indonesia, South Korea and Bangladesh.
4. The signing of MOUs with other Financial Intelligence Units is in line with the Principles of Information Exchange of the Egmont Group, the global organisation of international Financial Intelligence Units. FIU,AMBD became a member of the Egmont Group in June 2014 and CAFIU became a member in June 2015.
5. In addition, the signing of MOUs is an important step towards complying with international standards on anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism, in particular, the Financial Action Task Force, Recommendation 29.
6. FIU,AMBD and CAFIU are the central agencies in Brunei Darussalam and Cambodia respectively for receiving, requesting, analysing, and disseminating disclosures of suspicious transaction reports and other information related to money laundering and terrorism financing.
Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
Date: 18th Muharram 1439/ 9th October 2017
Ref No: AMBD/COMMS/3
Download Malay version here
Download English version here
Copyright © Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam
All Rights Reserved